Welcome to the LCD4Linux project wiki.
LCD4Linux is a small program that grabs information from the kernel and some subsystems and displays it on an external liquid crystal display.
LATEST NEWS: LCD4Linux-0.11.0 soon to be released
Due to being very busy with building a house for my family, there's been few progress with lcd4linux in the last year. The last release was 0.10.0-RC2, a release candidate, but as its more than a year old, and ther were a lot of enhancements in the meantime, I decided to skip 0.10.0 completely and release 0.11.0
- new drivers: CwLinux CW12832, PHAnderson serial-to-HD44780 adapter boards, ULA200, 4D Systems serial displays, IRLCD, picoLCD Graphic, st2205, Pertelian, MatrixOrbitalGX series displays, Pearl DPF, Samsung Picture Frames
- new plugins: netinfo, netdev, w1retap?, hddtemp, strftime_tz, FIFO, asterisk, button_exec?, gps, MPRIS plugin, HUAWEI
- Evaluator enhancements: string relational operators (eq, ne, gt, ge, lt, le), short circuit evaluation
- other enhancements: update charset for Crystalfontz Model 632 and 634, keypad support for lcm162, pingpong scrolling, automatic marquee scrolling, buttons for X11 driver, major MPD enhancements
Read more news here...
- News from the LCD4Linux developers
- Features of LCD4Linux / deutsche Übersetzung
- Wish list for upcoming development of LCD4Linux
- Developers corner: how to write a new driver and how to write a new plugin
- Documentation for the current release (0.10.0)
- Manual (deutsche Übersetzung)
- Howto (deutsche Übersetzung)
- FAQ: Frequently asked questions
- Configuration lcd4linux.conf
- Evaluator: the brains of LCD4Linux
- Widgets and Layout: what to display, where and how...
- Displays supported by LCD4Linux
- Plugins: Extensions to the Evaluator
- lcd4linux.conf.sample for lcd4linux-0.10
- Presentation on the Grazer LinuxTage 04 (german, pdf) / Präsentation auf den Grazer LinuxTage 04 (deutsch, pdf)
- OLD Documentation for LCD4Linux-0.9.*
- Download LCD4Linux
- Repository LCD4Linux
- Mailing lists: where to get help
- Credits: development team, donations, contributors
- Logos: if you want to mention LCD4Linux on your web page
- Cool Stuff: sexy pictures of LCD4Linux in operation
- Links to LCD related sites